Kiss Loneliness Goodbye

Well, to be honest, I haven't kissed anything goodbye lately, or anything at all, but that's not the point! The point is, I wrote some long whiney email about how January was going to stink because the other foreign teachers left and because I'd be alone at my school. That was true for about 1 week. Which really wasn't that bad because my students visited me a lot and I learned loads of Chinese. After that week. The Rygg family moved in with me! Talk about killing loneliness. The Rygg's had some troubles with their school and all parties thought it best to change the year long contract into a one semester contract, which meant the Rygg's were heading back to America. The problem with this was they had 2 weeks down time from when the contract was changed, to when their plane flight left China. Answer? Move in with Sam! So I had Jon and Deborah Rygg, and their two children. This = 1 week of pure happiness. (With lots of children crying mixed in.)

After some stressful times at their last school, it was nice for them to just come chill for a week. And it was nice to me because I always came home to a house with people at the end of my day of teaching. Overall great arrangement. The Rygg's headed to Hong Kong on Sunday night, which is perfect, because today I started teaching my last week of classes. Now I'm just cleaning up and getting ready to go on my winter vacation. Rough life I know.

Anyways, I added some pictures of John and Deborah and their kids Alice (Blonde) and Lilian (Baby). We joked that Alice (2yrold) was just a continuation of my dating life in America because sometimes she would run to me and hug me she was so happy to see me, but more often she would tell me to go away.  Like literally, those are some of the few words she can pronounce correctly. Lilian(6 mo.) is probably the best baby in the world, she only cries when things are wrong, and she always wanted to hang out with me. John and Deborah have turned into really good friends. I think it's amazing. No matter how good your friends are, it seems like the Lord always has one or two more in store just around the corner.

Last Thing, I got a new Camera, and I've been playing with the settings. Hence the pictures with only one color in them. I'm pretty happy with the camera to say the least. The one with just Deborah Lilian, I call, "Mother Contemplating Remaining Nap Time"

So basically, I take the Lonely blogpost back, and will replace it with one another blog post tomorrow about how much I loved and still love this month in China.

1 comments:

PiZzA said...

best thing that happened in my life today: i found your blog. :)