Popcorn

So, tonight I made popcorn in a wok. Well Brooke(friend) helped me so I guess it's we, but ya, we made popcorn. Popcorn and a movie right? Sounds fun. It was. When we first started cooking the popcorn Brooke asked if we should keep a lid on the wok. I said no. Why would we. We want to know when it's going to burn, so lets keep the lid off and we can keep a better eye on it. What a foolish idea that was. I went to load up the movie and I heard screaming and laughing from the kitchen. I ran back and found Brooke (the other foreign teacher) laughing loud about 3 feet away from the wok while popcorn was exploding and kernals were literally shooting across the kitchen. After getting pelted a few times I managed to successfully navigate the war zone and get a lid onto the popcorn. Made for an interesting night. It also only took about 5 minutes to clean the popcorn off of the walls, and popcorn made in a wok tastes super good. Who knew?

Next time I'll keep a lid on it.

1 comments:

Emili said...

hahaha! I read the line where you said "no" to the lid and laughed, cause I knew what would happen! Glad it was fun!