Family Power-Ups

Totally just finished a family reunion in Southern Utah. It's amazing how time with certain people can recharge the old batteries. For me it's family. We all live far enough apart that it's not easy to get together, but we all push hard to make it happen at least once a year now and it's totally worth it.

Three of my sibling's families picking veggies. So much fun.


My nephew is too cool for a normal caption. So all I can do is write a caption about not being able to write a caption.


I can't even explain how awesome my family is. 
But I can tell you that most of the kids in my family can kill with at least 3 objects in any given room at age 9 and that includes the room itself.


Kickball
Uniting families and troops since 1942


With all the kids in my family and all the crying I've seen in the last four days part of me can't even believe that I'm recharged, but for some reason now when I look back all I remember are the funnest/funniest kids on this side of the Mississippi. To my siblings credit, all the parents are pretty patient, and there's been enough kids in our family for enough time that everyone takes seems to take everything in stride. 

Oh, and I slept in a different cabin, which means I wasn't woken up at 6:30 each morning by the loving stomps and screams of children.

Natalie teaching the kids how to make box cars.



You know those moments where there's absolutely nothing that's required of your time at that moment and you're in such a cool place with such incredible people that you just get to soak it in? It doesn't happen very often, but I totally live for those.

If you're looking for more of those moments my strategy is to grab a baby whenever you can, because then if anyone asks you to do something, you can say, 'Sorry, but I got this baby.'
Thank you Jack Handy and your two sacks.

1 comments:

Heather Rae said...

That's awesome you got together with your whole family! I feel very similar when I'm together with my whole family, except I don't get another house to sleep in hah.