Ideas For Teaching

At the beginning of this semester I had the idea to ask my classes what they wanted to learn. I don't give grades, and I don't really have curriculum, so I can teach pretty much whatever I want. So I passed around a paper and asked my students for ideas in the hopes that it might get a better response teaching lessons that they requested then ones they didn't. Here are some of the ideas they requested. Keep in mind these are transcribed directly from where they were written. Enjoy.

1. I want to learn about American Girls.
2. Your's secret girlfriend.
3. I like movie, movie.
4. Let us study English in play sports like basketball and others.
5. We need something more about English Songs Starcraft and Warcraft.
6. Computer games.
7. Who you lovest in our class?
8. How to make head bigger. (I don't understand this one. This might be how to get smart or something)
9. If American Girls beautiful?
10. I want to know some skills, for example, How do you make girlfriends?
11. I want to watch English films.
12. I miss you. (???)
13. Eat food, and sleep, and play computer games.
14. I want to know my boyfriend what he think? (ha ha)
15. I want to know about my girlfriend, what time can I marry him? (they get he and she mixed up a lot)
16. I want to sleeping.
17. I need much snacks in every class.
18. I need to study China Konfu.
19. I want all the comic, <<Naruto>> is the best! (She actually wrote those symbols)
20. Surfer the internet.
21. eat glass
22. play gun
23. teach songs
24. miss a girl...
25. Something about lady gaga
26. How to play human in warcraft II
27. Black people in America. (They don't see any foreigners here. They can probably count the amount of white or black people they've seen in person on both hands)
28. Everything (This one is kind of difficult)
29. Can you show us some photos and bring your guitar?
30. Lady Gaga
31. I want to know whether America has race discrimination
32. songs (x10 on one piece of paper)

I do love my students. I didn't use all these ideas, but it's amazing how well some of the ideas I did use worked.

5 comments:

Eric - guide from Confolens said...

That's so much fun!!!
I think you should teach something about girls. That's always interesting;) Maybe they tell you something about Chinese girls then;)

Deborah said...

That is awesome! What is up with number 21?!

Mrs. Law said...

hahahha I loved reading this! It brought back so many memories. It sounds like you are tearing it up with your lessons. I can't wait to hear more awesome student stories.

Gidgiddoni said...

Sam, I'd take a class from you any time.

woodshel said...

1,2,14,15. SOOOOO funny. I remember getting some entertaining ideas from my classes too. :)