Cooking Joy

So, I haven't posted in a while. Part of that is becuase my camera is busted. Sad I know. My documentation efforts are seriously hampered. Until I find a camera we're back to just text. What a shame. 
Well, the good news is. I finally broke in my kitchen. The stove is propane and it took a lot of stuff to get it going.

First, my wok was messed up, so I bought a new one.
Then I realized I needed a new hot water boiler, cause I wanted to be able to wash my dishes. (No hot water = no clean dishes)
Then I taped my kitchen fan, (Which is just a hole in the window with a fan in it) to the window because it was falling out.
Then I realized that I was out of propane, so I bought some from the propane guy who walks around outside.
Then I realized that the attachment to the propane tank was busted, so I went and bought a new one.
Yesterday I finally hooked it all up.
And today, I made carrots, spinach and peppers. It was a little spicy. Mmmmm.
Lets just say cooking in a wok is one of the funnest things I have ever done. I highly recommend it.
I've seen people do it enough that it actually was pretty easy.
Next dish to conquer is fried rice. I should have that one done within the next couple days.

PS have I mentioned lately that I love China? Wo de fan hen hao!

2 comments:

Emili said...

So, how have you managed to get by so long without dying of hunger? That's a long time to go without a kitchen. Be sure to learn to cook the yummy Chinese dishes by the time you get home so that it's really worth the trip. ;)
Sorry about your camera!

Unknown said...

Hey Sam, remember me from back in the good old days at The Colony! I stumbled onto your blog...how COOL you are in China! Hope you have an awesome experience...it will be fun following your adventures there! :)